Print

wtc logo

ARMS: Or semée of Acorns Vert a Chevron Ermine thereon a Tudor Rose barbed and seeded proper

CREST: On a Wreath of the Colours issuant from a Saxon Crown Or a demi Stag at gaze proper supporting a Crosier Or.

MOTTO: E glande quercus

 

What does this mean?

The Arms were granted to the former Borough of Wokingham in 1953, Coronation Year. At a special court held at Windsor Castle on 16 April 1975, Queen Elizabeth II authorised by Order of Council that the Armorial Bearings were to be “lawfully borne and used” by Wokingham Town Council.

The Coat of Arms is granted to the Town Council by the College of Heralds. It may not be reproduced by any other person or organisation without the specific written permission of the Town Council. Please contact the Town Clerk for further information.