A silver cigarette box of plain rectangular form, the hinged cover with applied oblong shield opening to reveal a fitted cedar lined interior.
It is inscribed,
'Presented by the Magistrates of the Forest and Windsor County Divisions to J.H. Elliston Clifton as a token of their esteem on his relinquishing the Office of Clerk to the Justices 1st May 1953'.
This cigarette box was presented by the family of the late Mr J H Elliston Clifton, who had also been Town Clerk to the Corporation for 33 years, alongside a cigar box and a salver in 1996 for inclusion in the Council's Civic Silver Collection.