A silver salver of shaped circular form, with scroll and shell mount, raised upon three cast knurled scroll feet.
Weight: - 13 troy ounces
Hallmarked: - Sheffield 1944
Maker: - James Dixon & Son
It is inscribed,
"Presented to the Town Clerk of Wokingham Mr J H Elliston Clifton by past and present members Of the Corporation of Wokingham on his retirement, After 33 years service. 1st August 1946".
This salver was presented to Wokingham Town Council, together with a silver cigarette box and a cigar humidor by the family of Mr J H Elliston Clifton in 1996 to be retained with the Town silver and artefacts.