The Walter Cup
A silver/gilt cup and cover in the Paul de Lamerie style; the campana shaped body with applied body band, matt finish below with cast applied foliate scroll and vine leaf decoration, two applied rococo style vacant cartouches within branch and scroll and shell surround, two cast fruiting vine side handles, matching detachable domed cover with fruiting vine finial, matching pedestal foot.All mounted on a red velvet covered plinth base.
'Presented to Mr & Mrs Walter on the occasion of their Silver Wedding by Tenants, Servants and other employees on the Bearwood and Finchampstead Estates. October 15 1897'
It was presented to Wokingham Council by Mr John Walters in 1959.
Weight: 88 troy ounces