DescriptionThis is a mechanically large carriage clock of a Victorian style. Mounted in a dark oak encasement and mounted on matching timber wall brackets. It is brass faced and has quarter chimes.
It bears a metal plate inscribed:
"Presented to Wokingham Borough Council by
Councillor and Mrs Titterington on 5th January 1939"
For many years it was mounted in the Council Chamber followed by being located in the office flat by the Town Clerk's Office. It can now be found in the Diamond Jubilee room alongside much of the silver collection.
“Carriage Clock,” Wokingham's Virtual Museum, accessed August 14, 2020, https://wokingham-tc.gov.uk/museum/document/WTH0166.