DescriptionThe original Elms in Broad Street was built in the 15th century and the existing building dates back to the 18th century. At one time it was Dower House to the Swallowfield Estate. It was bought by the Ellison family in 1892.
The building is now (2018) a set of apartments.
The associated photograph was taken about 1970.
SourceWokingham A Pictorial History by J. and R. Lea
“The Elms,” Wokingham's Virtual Museum, accessed July 16, 2020, https://wokingham-tc.gov.uk/museum/document/WTH0382.